Kindergarten can be the gentle beginning of the child's life outside the family. It's a fundamental part of your child's education. We pride ourselves on providing innovative and inspiring programs for children.
To provide a stimulating and safe environment where every child feels special and has the chance to reach his or her full potential.
- To encourage the children to interact with each other in a variety of different sized group activities
- To stimulate the children whilst incorporating each child's individual needs and interests. We use a scaffolding technique to help children to reach their full potential
- To guide the children in their learning and form a partnership with the families of each and every child
Play: We believe in a play-based curriculum where the children have the opportunity to play, grow and develop at their own rates in a safe and nurturing environment.
The Natural Environment: We provide programs that reflect our desire to engage with the natural environment. For example, we recycle food scraps from our snacks and lunch by feeding them to the chickens we hatch from eggs, and we also promote interaction with the environment through growing our own vegetables and maintaining our own worm farm.
Acceptance: We respect all cultural traditions and include these in our programs where ever possible. We encourage participation of children with additional needs in our programs and teach children to be accepting of everyone.
Families: There is an important link between kinder and families and we encourage the parents to be actively involved in all facets of our program.
Sustainability: We purchase equipment that promotes sustainability and a natural environment such as wooden toys and recycled are and craft materials.
Children learn through play and we provide experiences that are play based which promote meaningful interactions.
- We treat all children as individuals and plan our programs to cater for each child's individual needs and interests.
- We provide activities that encourage the children to express themselves creatively and we believe in providing a range of open ended activities.
- A collaborative approach between educators, families and children ensures that all children learn and develop to their potential and allows children to have a vital role in their own learning journey.
- The role of the educators in our programs are to provide children with a nurturing, caring and safe environment. The educators provide support and advice for families and link them to appropriate services in the local community.
- We work to preserve our natural environment and strive to continually improve and develop our playgrounds, facilities and programs.
We as educators are striving to continually improve our practice and update our education through attending workshops and professional development courses, network meetings, reading articles and keeping up to date with what is happening in Early Childhood Education.